Here are two rules to live by:
- Always wave at other Corvette drivers. There’s a long tradition behind this custom. It even has its own slogan: “Save the Wave.” Google it, and see.
- Never leave a stranded Corvette owner beside the road without stopping to offer assistance or without at least calling for help.
If you’re taking part in a caravan for a Mystery Meal or some other event, here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Arrive at the meeting point with a full tank of gas and an empty bladder.
- Go the speed limit.
- Keep three car lengths between you and the car in front of you.
- Allow other traffic in.
- If the car in front of you pulls off the road, pull off too.
- If the caravan needs to change lanes, the last car should change lanes first and then block for the rest of the caravan.
- Don’t pass other cars in the caravan.
- Pay attention, and use common sense.
- If you’re using radios to communicate with each other, avoid unnecessary chatting on the radios if the caravan is long. But do keep the caravan leader informed about any problems that come up.